Memorial Medical Center Conference Rooms A & B (Annex)
Date: November 18, 2023
Time: 8:30 am
Childbirth Education Class
This class includes basic childbirth education and what to expect during your birthing experience at Memorial Medical Center.
About this event
Topics will include:
- Pre-labor signs & Onset of Labor
- Coaches are vital! How to be a good coach.
- Non-interventional labor
- Productive Labor Positions & Ideas (birthing ball, peanut ball, dancing, etc.)
- Progressive Relaxation, Mediation, Imagery/Visualization Exercises
- Breathing exercises
- Touch (including massage)
- Other modalities (lighting, tub/shower, hot & cold packs, music, aromatherapy)
- Pain management options (Analgesics, Epidural)
- Breakdown of Early Labor, Active Labor, Transition & Pushing with comfort options for each
- What is Induction?
- Cesarean Section
- The Skin to Skin Advantage
- Postpartum Care
- Breastfeeding Basic Overview
- Introduction to Newborns
- Tour of labor room & postpartum room
One partner/support person encouraged!