Memorial Medical Center’s cardiothoracic surgical team has performed thousands of open heart procedures and is proud to have been providing services to our community for over 30 years. The skill and experience of our team provides the foundation for consistent, exemplary patient outcomes. Memorial Medical Center is proud to report our participation in the quality reporting registry, Society of Thoracic Surgery (also referred to as STS). Our participation allows us to nationally benchmark our services and patient outcomes not only nationally, but worldwide. The allows our program to undergo constant re-evaluate and improvement our care standards.
Cardiothoracic surgery is only performed after all other options have been fully explored, including interventional cardiology procedures that can sometimes avoid the need for surgery. If surgery is indeed required, patients and their families will meet with the members of our cardiothoracic surgical team and develop a multidisciplinary care approach that will follow evidence based practices.
Some of the cardiovascular surgical services that Memorial Medical Center offers include the following:
- Atrial and ventricular septal defect repairs
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG), commonly known as bypass surgery
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) procedures to treat abnormal heart rhythms
- Minimally invasive open heart surgery
- Myocardial biopsy
- Myomectomy for heart tumors
- Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Pacemaker insertions
- Thoracic aorta repairs
- Traumatic heart injuries
- Valve repair and replacement, using mechanical valves and bioprosthetic valves
- Ventricular aneurysm repair
- Heart Failure Bridge Clinic Accredited Heart Failure Program
Memorial Medical Center is proud to be the only Heart Failure Accredited Program in the entire southern region of New Mexico! We have been fully accredited by the renowned and peer respected American College of Cardiology.
This means that Memorial Medical Center has adopted, adhered to, and achieved best in-class standards of care related to the treatment of cardiovascular disease. Since cardiovascular disease has been the leading cause of death for over a decade, our team found it of the utmost importance to seek alignment with the most respected accrediting agency not only in the nation, but in the world.
Services in the Heart Failure Bridge Clinic include a follow up call within 24-72 hours and a scheduled visit within 7-14 days after discharge. Our team will:
- Review the medical history, learn tools for self-care including exercise, nutrition, guidelines and fluid management techniques
- Educate on the early and late signs and symptoms of heart failure exacerbations
- Provide tools for self-care including exercise, nutrition, guidelines for fluid management techniques
- Educate as to when to come to the clinic for care and when to report directly to the emergency department
- Connect individuals to community resources
Our skilled team will communicate the services and education provided in the Heart Failure Bridge Clinic to the individuals Cardiologist or Primary Care Provider for a smooth transition in care.
Memorial Medical Center Heart Failure Program and Bridge Clinic
2450 S. Telshor Blvd (2nd floor, West Annex)
Las Cruces, NM 88011