Memorial Medical Center’s cardiothoracic surgical team has performed thousands of open heart procedures and is proud to have been providing services to our community for over 30 years. The skill and experience of our team provides the foundation for consistent, exemplary patient outcomes. Memorial Medical Center is proud to report our participation in the quality reporting registry, Society of Thoracic Surgery (also referred to as STS). Our participation allows us to nationally benchmark our services and patient outcomes not only nationally, but worldwide. The allows our program to undergo constant re-evaluate and improvement our care standards.
Cardiothoracic surgery is only performed after all other options have been fully explored, including interventional cardiology procedures that can sometimes avoid the need for surgery. If surgery is indeed required, patients and their families will meet with the members of our cardiothoracic surgical team and develop a multidisciplinary care approach that will follow evidence based practices.
Some of the cardiovascular surgical services that Memorial Medical Center offers include the following:
- Atrial and ventricular septal defect repairs
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG), commonly known as bypass surgery
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) procedures to treat abnormal heart rhythms
- Minimally invasive open heart surgery
- Myocardial biopsy
- Myomectomy for heart tumors
- Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Pacemaker insertions
- Thoracic aorta repairs
- Traumatic heart injuries
- Valve repair and replacement, using mechanical valves and bioprosthetic valves
- Ventricular aneurysm repair
- Femoral popliteal bypass