The Great Beginnings Childbirth Class
To Register for a Prenatal Child Birthing class and/or a Breastfeeding Basics, please click here or call (575) 521-2233.
If you are an expecting mom, the two-session comprehensive labor preparation class is a wonderful addition to being prepared. We have two sessions of interactive learning including multiple videos, handouts, and practice. The instructor, Joy Tibbs, RN PCE, is a Prepared Childbirth Educator. This course was built on research-driven methods that assist in labor & give information so families can make informed decisions. Here is an overview:
- Caring for ourselves while pregnant in the third trimester
- 3 exercises every pregnant woman should be doing and why they help with labor & comfort.
- Pre-labor signs & Onset of Labor
- Coaches are vital! How to be a good coach.
- Non-interventional labor
- Productive Labor Positions & Ideas (birthing ball, peanut ball, dancing, etc.)
- Progressive Relaxation, Mediation, Imagery/Visualization Exercises
- Breathing exercises
- Touch (including massage)
- Other modalities (lighting, tub/shower, hot & cold packs, music, aromatherapy)
- Pain management options (Analgesics, Epidural, Nitrous Oxide)
- Breakdown of Early Labor, Active Labor, Transition & Pushing with comfort options for each
- What is Induction?
- Cesarean Section
- The Skin to Skin Advantage
- Postpartum Care
- Introduction to Newborns
- Tour of labor room
There is so much more! It is highly encouraged and recommended to attend this class during the second trimester so that new moms have plenty of time to consider and practice comfort techniques. The course is free and snacks are included!
We welcome all: Couples, same-sex couples, single parents, and supportive family member and/or friend. Usually, one support person is included with registration. If you have a special situation requiring more support people to be with you, please call: 521-5348 and be sure to leave a return phone number. We want to make sure we have plenty of room for everyone to be comfortable.
A doula that participated in a class stated, “Joy accomplishes in one day what most courses take weeks to accomplish!”
To Register for a Prenatal Child Birthing class, please click here or call (575) 521-2233.
- Acute Care Services
- Anticoagulation Management
- Behavioral Health
- Cancer Services
- Cardiovascular Services
- Children's Services
- Critical Care
- Diabetes Education
- Digestive Health Program
- Emergency Room
- Family Medicine Center
- Imaging Services
- Infusion Therapy
- Labor and Delivery
- Neonatology (NICU)
- Primary Care
- Rehabilitative Services
- Respiratory Therapy
- Surgical Services
- Surgical Weight Loss
- Women's Services
- Wound Care