Boo to the Flu
Please bring the appropriate filled out forms with you.
Vaccine Information Statements
Las Cruces Says, “Boo to the flu!” with No Cost Flu Vaccinations Offered at Two Local Hospitals
Drive-thru and Walk-in Service Provided Saturday, October 26th
LAS CRUCES - Memorial Medical Center, MountainView Regional Medical Center and the New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH) will simultaneously host Boo to the Flu, the annual flu vaccination event in Las Cruces, at each hospital Saturday, October 26th. Flu shots will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at both locations or while supplies last.
There is no charge for the vaccinations, but anyone with insurance should bring their insurance card, including Medicaid or Medicare, with them.
Drive-thru and walk-in service will be provided for adults. Families with children under 18-years-old will be required to park and enter either the Memorial Medical Center West Annex Building (Enter the north side of MMC’s parking lot from Terrace Drive between Telshor and Don Roser), or the MountainView Children’s Center Building located at 4401 East Lohman Avenue. To expedite the process, visit www.MountainViewRegional.com or www.mmclc.org to download consent forms to bring with you on the day of the clinic.
The NMDOH recommends everyone six months of age and older get a flu vaccine each flu season, especially people in the following groups who are at high risk or live with and care for people at high risk for developing serious flu‐related complications, such as hospitalization and death:
- Children younger than five years old, but especially children younger than two years old
- Pregnant women (any trimester, and up to two weeks post-partum)
- People age 50 and older
- People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions like asthma, diabetes, lung or heart disease, and those who are immunocompromised
- People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu, including healthcare personnel and caregivers of babies younger than 6 months
- American Indians and Alaskan Natives
- People who are morbidly obese
Boo to the Flu is created in partnership with the NMDOH, MountainView Regional Medical Center, Memorial Medical Center, the Doña Ana County Immunization Coalition, the United Way of Southwest New Mexico, the City of Las Cruces, Doña Ana County Government, Las Cruces Public Schools, and New Mexico State University.
For more information on the no-charge flu vaccination event, call Memorial Medical center at (575) 521-2240, MountainView Regional Medical Center at (575) 556-7600 or the Las Cruces Public Health Office at (575)528-5001.
- Campus Map
- Map & Directions
- Health Information
- Hospitalist Service
- Visiting Hours
- Pay Your Bill
- Pastoral Care
- Patient Portal
- Preventive Health
- Women's Preventive Health
- Adults Preventive Health
- Children's Preventive Health
- Pregnant Women Preventive Health
- Gift Shop
- Mission, Vision and High Five
- Non-Discrimination Notice
- Sponsorship Request
- Third Party Applications
- Understanding Billing and Charges
- Accepted Insurance
- Boo to the Flu