Memorial Wound Care Center & Hyperbarics
At Memorial Wound Care and Outpatient Special Services we specialize in chronic wound care and limb perseveration. Every year, chronic wounds, caused by diabetes, poor circulation, or other conditions, can prevent complicated wounds from healing. We provide treatment that is based on each individual current acute and/or chronic health issue to optimize wound healing potential. We have a multidisciplinary team of dedicated professionals who use the latest technology and specialize in advanced wound care modalities to increase healing times and improve quality of life.
Wounds We Treat:
- Ulcers (Pressure, Diabetic, Venous, and Arterial)
- Non healing surgical wounds
- Post-operative infections
- Soft tissue and osteoradionecrosis
- Preservation of compromised skin grafts and flaps
- Traumatic wounds
- Post-radiation tissue injury
- Necrotizing soft tissue infections
- Acute traumatic peripheral ischemia
- Bone infections
At Memorial Wound Care Center, we put together a treatment program based on your specific needs. The program will include regular visits to the Memorial Wound Care Center to provide treatment, evaluate progress, and make any changes that might be needed. You (or your caregiver) will be given detailed instructions in home care, nutrition, dressing (bandage) changes, and protecting the wound from further injury. A variety of treatment options are available depending on type and severity of a wound. Treatment may include the following:
- Infectious disease management
- Physical therapy
- Vascular evaluation
- Laboratory evaluation
- Nutritional management
- Pain management
- Diabetic education
- Nuclear medicine
- Surgical Debridement
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric Chambers are a part of our Memorial Wound Care Center healing tools. These non-invasive clear acrylic chambers provide 100% oxygen to promote the optimum healing opportunity. While breathing pure oxygen, the patient's blood plasma becomes saturated, carrying 20 to 30 times the normal amount of oxygen to the body's tissue. The ultimate result is the body's natural wound healing mechanisms (which are oxygen dependent) can function more efficiently. Continued use of hyperbaric oxygen treatment increases the body's immune and healing response. Our Certified Hyperbaric Technician’s will educate you with the knowledge to complete this treatment with the best results.
Outpatient Special Services
Individuals requiring bowel or bladder diversion surgery such as a Colostomy, Ileostomy or Urostomy now have a clinic to address their unique needs.
Services provided by certified ostomy nurses include:
- Pre-operative education and stoma site marking
- Post-operative follow- up care
- Treatment of stoma and peristomal skin problems
- Assistance with pouching choices to prevent leakage and meet individual lifestyle needs
- Hernia belt measurement
- Development of problem-solving plans
Fibroscan Liver Study
- FibroScan is an ultrasound guided medical device that was approved by the FDA in 4/15/2013 in the United States that provides a painless and reliable alternative to liver biopsy. This procedure is a quick (15 to 30 minute), non-invasive examination that assesses the stage of liver fibrosis.
- FibroScan is typically ordered for patients that have cirrhosis, chronic liver disease, fatty liver, hepatic fibrosis, alcohol related liver disease or one of the many disease or viral infections that causes hepatitis.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact us at 575.532.4399
2735 E Northrise Drive
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88011